Birmingham's Southern Diagnostic Laboratories Acquired by Solstas Lab Partners August 08, 2011
Birmingham-based Southern Diagnostic Laboratories, a clinical and pathology laboratory with locations in Alabama and Mississippi, has been acquired by Solstas Lab Partnerssm, one of the nation’s fastest-growing full-service laboratories.
A regional lab with an impeccable record of client service and industry-leading turnaround times, Southern Diagnostic Laboratories is a natural fit for Solstas’ expansion. The lab will remain in Birmingham and continue operations in Alabama and Mississippi, maintaining its high-quality anatomic pathology, cytology, hematology, microbiology, molecular, serology and other testing services.
“Aligning with Solstas Lab Partners is a great opportunity for us to expand our test menu and services to our clients,” said Southern Diagnostic Laboratories CEO Steve Boyd. “Solstas has a similar patient- and client-first focus as we have at SDL, which makes us a great fit for their company.”
In recent weeks, Solstas, based in Greensboro, North Carolina, has extended its reach south and west by aligning with SDL, as well as Nextwave Diagnostic Laboratories and Wilmington Pathology Laboratory, both of Wilmington, NC.
“Each of these acquisitions is a perfect complement to what we believe in – and invest in – at Solstas,” said David Weavil, Solstas CEO. “Each aligns perfectly with our vision to expand Solstas’ presence and offer clients and patients a local, community-based, service-focused laboratory.”
To learn more about Solstas Lab Partners, please visit www.solstas.com.
Other Southern Diagnostic News
- Southern Diagnostic Labs named Business Services Small Business of the Year - May 23, 2011
- SDL named to Pacesetters list for second straight year - May 04, 2011
- Southern Diagnostic Laboratories makes Birmingham 100 list - June 27, 2011
- Steve Boyd named a finalist for CEO of the Year award - June 25, 2010
- Southern Diagnostic Laboratories among the 13th Annual ICIC and Fortune Magazine Inner City 100 winners - June 01, 2011